Monday, March 29, 2010

Day 14 - M & M and Eminem

Fridays are usually clinic days in ID and I spent the morning in HIV clinic. The HIV clinic was better organized and I got to use the new standardized forms for monitoring HIV patients. It has information for adherence, lab values, prophylactic meds, family planning and routine preventive medicine – I believe this will make outpatient visits in the future much easier. I also learnt about the various drug regimens they use here – CBV, EFZ, TAF, 3TC – quite an alphabet soup!

Post mortem conferences are usually held on Friday afternoons. While we were waiting for the conference to start, I was chatting with one of the residents and mentioned that we had a similar session back in the US called the ‘morbidity and mortality’ conference, in short ‘M&M’. The resident asked incredulously ‘so you have named it after the singer, Eminem?’ Unfortunately, the conference started and I did not have the time to correct her!

We are off to the countryside tomorrow - Happy weekend !

Streets of Kampala

No comments:

Post a Comment